Press "Enter" to skip to content

Two found dead in Garland apartment, carbon monoxide poisoning suspected

Share this story

Friday, February 19, just before 10:00am, Garland Police and Fire responded to a Concern for Welfare at an apartment community in the 200 block of South Barnes Drive. The caller reported that two males were unresponsive inside an apartment. The Garland Fire Department arrived and pronounced both males deceased.

Officers observed a gas-powered generator inside the residence near where the victims were located. The key to the generator was in the on position with extension cords connected, but it appeared to be out of gas. Witnesses reported hearing the generator running inside the apartment on Wednesday, February 17.

It is suspected the males may have died due to exposure from carbon monoxide; however, detectives are working with the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the actual cause of death.

The victims are identified as 41-year-old Arnulfo Escalante Lopez and 28-year-old Jose Anguiano Torres, both residents of Garland.The investigation is still active.


Share this story
Support Local Business
Support Local Business